Monday, June 2, 2008

The #2 door....

"I [am learning] to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I [am learning] the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4v11-13


Contentment - something I wish this world knew more of. I fail at this many times. (In fact most of my blogs are written as a lesson for myself...not something I'm telling people to learn). It seems to me that everyone around us always wants something more. We are never satisfied with what we have. We measure our success by the possessions we have, not the lives we have touched. We always expect more from people around us instead of being happy with what they give to us, the mark they leave on our lives.

" Just as soon as I get what I want
I get unsatisfied,
Good is good but could be better

I keep looking, I keep looking for,
I keep looking for something more
I always wondered what's on the other side
Of the number two door
I keep looking, looking for something more."
-Sarah Evans

Isn't that how many of us are? We want it all and when we get it we never think it's enough.

As the scripture read I'm learning to be content and I'm learning to be satisfied. When God looks at us, he never wonders what's behind the other door. He never wants more, he just wants it all, he never demands more than our everything. Shouldn't we just want all people can give us? Shouldn't we want to give our all in the name of Jesus?

I'm satisfied with everything I have in my life. (If you would have asked me a couple weeks ago that wouldn't have been the case), but today....I'm grateful for what I have. I don't want to expect more than what I have. In order for me to deserve more shouldn't I give more? God has given me all I need, why should I want for more?





"I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
I'll stand my soul, LORD to you surrender
All I have is yours"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAHHH!! I LOVE it!!