Tuesday, June 24, 2008

you know what I hate the most.......

about Olivet? No matter where you go...all people talking about is dating and relationships. Who is dating who, who wants to date who,who is engaged now, who broke up. Frankly, I don't care. Even if I was in a relationship I don't want to talk about others relationship and I wouldn't want others to talk about mine. Sometimes I feel like Olivet's motto should be "Education with a marriage purpose". I feel like God gets pushed out of the way so that people can find someone to marry. This is why it would take something/someone special for me to jump into another Olivet relationship. It's all a show here sometimes. I'm quite sick of it.


This is why I feel so spiritually dry at Olivet. I went on a the missions trip last week and felt/sensed God everywhere. Every movement, every word, every action, every breath, the moment I come back to Olivet it's drama, stress and relationships. I don't know where the spirit is on this campus most times. I'm not a fan of our chaplain (thought I don't know many people who are) he does nothing for spiritual growth here. Most of the time I get nothing from chapel because the people around me aren't into it. I just thirst for God and don't know where to turn to find Him. I used a past relationship as my growth with God and it left me dry and wanting more. I want to find God here but it's so hard.


On the plus side of things I ran into Dr.J today :) Seriously if you don't go to Olivet then you are for real missing out. He is like the greatest thing ever, he's like my adopted dad at school. I seriously wouldn't have made it through this year without him. We are meeting this week to chat about everything. I'm anxious to hear his thought about it all and the advice he will give.


Today I saw God in this older man down by the pond. On the way to Perry Farms there is a pond with a gazebo by it and I like to go down there to do my devotionals. There was an older man down there fishing for tadpoles when he started talking to a kid who was there with his cousins. He asked the kid how old he was and he said he was going to be a senior and that he eventually wanted to go to college to be an optometrist, but didn't know if he would ever get there. The man just told him be what you want to be and don't let anyone tell you differently, don't let them tell you no or get in your way. It was so nice to chat with this man about life and what I want to do when I graduate (he told me to find him when I graduate so I could meet his son-in-law for a job). God comes in all the most unlikely places.



"It's all because of Jesus I'm alive
It's because the blood of Jesus Christ
it covers me and raised this dead mans life
It's all because of Jesus I'm alive."

No comments: