Wednesday, June 4, 2008

my dearest.....

Oh my dearest Christen**, how I miss her :)

Christen was my best friend throughout my senior year of high school. We were inseparable, we did everything together and she was an amazing friend. Never thought I would ever lose this girl.

I graduated high school and went on to college (Christen was a HS senior my freshman year of college). Like college can do sometimes it drifted Christen and I apart. I came back to coach HS bowling (she bowled for one of the other teams) and it seemed everything about Christen had changed. She was a proclaimed lesbian, smoking and drinking. I missed my best friend so much, and never realized it until then. I knew then Christen needed my prayers.

I lost touch with her again when I moved to Illinois, but she still was everyday apart of my prayers. I spoke with her beginning of spring semester this past school year and she told me wonderful news. She had quit smoking,drinking, and hadn't touched any illegal drugs in months. She was close to having a full time job and looking to start college in the fall. I knew God was listening to my prayers. I kept in touch with her for a couple weeks and then the semester got busy and I found myself not talking to her again.

I got a text from Christen today :). She is doing well. She got the full time job. Her parents let her move back in and said she could stay as long as she needed until she could pay for her own place. (That is a HUGE deal because things are not usually good between her and her parents). She is looking into going to film production and is still clean from drinking, drugs and smoking. She is still a proclaimed lesbian, but I know that God is still answering my prayers. I am so excited to hear all she has been doing with her life.


God really is a man of His word. He listens even when we think He isn't. I'm so happy to have Him in control on my life now. Never could I imagine turning away again :)



**The name was changed for privacy purposes

No comments: