Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Supreme

/The word for today...Supreme 6/17/08. The scripture for today was Colossians 1:15-22


"15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. 21Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[a] your evil behavior. 22But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation"


When Rodney did our devotion for today he asked us what we thought of when we heard the word supreme. One boy from our youth group said, "Honestly, I think of pizza." Others gave out Sunday School answers: royalty,ruling, almighty, etc. But I got stuck on the answer of pizza. You may think I'm crazy but I think we can relate to God as a pizza. God is the ever-knowing almighty he is every layer of our layer. He is the crust which is our basic structure, he formed us into just the right shape and size. He is the sauce which connects who we are to our special gifts and talents he has given to us. Then comes the cheese and all the other toppings (it's a supreme pizza so choose anything you want). The toppings are our God given talents, provided only through God. He shapes us, holds us together and provides us all the right traits to serve Him. When you go to a pizza place and look at the menu they have you cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, meat lovers, and so forth, but when you come to the Supreme pizza it's usually in BIGGER font to draw your attention to it. Isn't that how God is? We have all these other "gods" and idols who try to get in our way of the top God the ruler of all. God is everything good and wonderful in one person. Kind of like a supreme pizza, it's everything good tasting in one pizza. See I knew this would go a little better than when it started ;)

We spent our 2nd day at the Shepherds and today I met the kids (well Jack's grandchildren). Rachel, Courtney and Bryce, so cute kids who loved the attention they got from all of us. Talking to Jack and his children was very encouraging to hear them just so grateful for everything they had and everything we were doing for them.

My mind has been going crazy this whole week about where my place is in this world. I'm half way done with college and still have no idea where my future is going. I don't even have an idea of what I want to do with my degree once I graduate. I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will. My mind has constantly been praying that God will show me direction, give me guidance. I feel so dry here at Olivet. More on this topic will come from another day.

I'm starting to get to know people better, I've spent time talking with Chris and Jody a lot. Crazy guys who have a such a heart for God.



"Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed but alive in your hands
Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty"

No comments: