Friday, June 13, 2008

1 Corinthians 13

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps not records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."



I almost didn't blog on this tonight, because well let's face it, love probably isn't my b est issue. But how can you not think about it? How can you not dream about it? How can you not hope that one day you will find it? I thought I found it and it didn't find me. Have I gotten over that feeling? Heavens no, but with time...maybe.

I look at couples all around me (especially at Olivet...because they seem to be everywhere) and I think "one day I will have what they have. I will find that one guy who is crazy about me, and isn't afraid to let the world know it. I will find a guy who loves me for who I am and the God I serve. I will find a guy who will fight for me and for our relationship. I will find that guy who won't let me walk away even when times get hard." Then I think to myself....who am I kidding. I already have a guy like that. Though I may never walk around in public holding his hand, I hold His hand everywhere I go. I have a guy who loves me for the God I serve (because I serve Him) and He would fight for me until his last breath (probably because he already did). I hate the typical "I'm in a relationship with God" rant, because let's face it we all should be in a relationship with God. But shouldn't we all want a relationship that reflects our relationship with God.

Shouldn't we want something that is never changing? Something that only gets better with time. Something that even when times get tough and times are hard we keeping fighting? God never gave up on us, he stayed on the cross until His last breath to give us the life He believes we need. He showed love in the most selfless way possible. I want a love that reflects the love God has for me. I want my love for someone to reflect the love I have for my Saviour. I want something that isn't great and ideal for a while and then when we get comfortable with each other it changes. I don't let myself get to a comfortable state with God, I keep moving forward.

"Love doesn't envy" I try not to want what others have, but I want a love that is a mirror image of my love for Christ and one that reflects the love my S.O has for Christ. Maybe I do have this love thing figured out, maybe I'm just waiting for someone who has it figured out as well.

No comments: