Saturday, June 21, 2008

Maytown, Kentucky

I just returned from Maytown, Kentucky and I left my heart there.

I will blog more when I'm not so tired and not trying to upload pictures. But I will put some.

This past week was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. My mind has been stuck on waiting to hear from God, waiting to hear what his direction is for my life, and I went into this week hoping to hear those plans from him. What I got was so much more. It seemed like everyone around me has their life figured out and I was left by myself, however I met some interns this week who were in the same place I am in or have been there before.

I got to spend time speaking with a few of them and it was encouraging to find I wasn't the only one. Jody just finished his first year of college and isn't returning and actually doesn't know where he will be. I found that we were both searching and waiting for some direction from God. I pray God gives us both clear paths for our next move. Allison was freakin sweet and is actually a student at Ball State. BSU is her 4th college because none of the others seemed to be a good fit. Jimmy just graduated and thought he had his whole life planned out. He quickly realized they were his plans and not God's. He planned on moving to Colorado to open a ski/snow boarding resort, but instead he is leaving in a few months to live in Italy for a year with Campus Crusade. Erin also just graduated and is in the process of finding a job. Dan is the same year as me and well he seems to have it figured out. Ha

I dreaded today coming, because I didn't want to leave. Even thought I physically am not in Maytown, my hear is. However my heart spreads other places. It is in Corydon, Indiana and also Peachtree City, Georgia. They became a part of my story and the folks I met from those church are sweet. I'm glad I got the chance to start a friendship with them and look forward to keeping in contact.


I still don't know what my next move is or where I will be a couple months from now, but God does.



More Maytown blogging to come later :)

No comments: