Sunday, July 6, 2008

Long over-due

WOW...it's been quite some time since I have put anything on here...so I figured I would do so now.

I miss Maytown so much (I believe that goes without saying). It's amazing how one week in a little boondock town can change your life and your hear so much. I miss the people there, not only the ones who worked/interned for Crossroads but for those who live in Maytown. I miss the kids and the energy they. I miss the Shepherds and their hospitality and how friendly they were. I miss how cool the interns were (even though I'm sure they are still cool). I miss the Georgians and surprisingly I miss their accents too. I miss hearing Jake say "Git -r-done" all day long (even though we know how much I hated it). I miss how simple life was for a week. The place we stayed was nothing fancy. We had 4 showers but way more than 4 girls. I miss working as a team to cook meals for everyone. I miss pick up games of ultimate frisbee and thinking that I was better than Jody and Chris. I miss going to bed at 1am to get up at 6:30am. I miss knowing that there was only one purpose for the day ahead....it was to serve God by helping others. It's hard to forget that here at Olivet when everyone around me isn't on the same page.


I just returned from a 4 day camping trip with my family. My mother, father, brother, grandma, grandpa, aunt janet, uncle bruce, aaron, braydon, camron, simon, aunt joni, uncle chip and brittany. It was a blast. I left Olivet on Thursday with Luke Mingus and drove him to Marion to catch a ride with his brother and then ventured back to Mississiniwa to meet up with my family. Thursday night by cousin Camron (who will soon be 6) asked me to sleep in the tent with him and the other boys (my cousins...don't anyone get to frantic..ha). I of course said yes....that is what camping is all about and to tell you the truth I had some great sleep the whole time. Friday was the 4th of July and we celebrated our freedom. My favorite freedom is the freedom I have to serve God. What a privilege we have. We went to watch fireworks that night and I don't think you really ever get too old for them....they are such fun. Saturday we went to the beach and I fell asleep and spent roughly 3 hours in the sun. Needless to say I was sick the rest of the day and I now look like a tomato. :) That night we had a pitch in dinner for the whole family and as we all sat gathered round so that my uncle could pray I looked at everyone and realized how truly blessed I am. I really have it good.

At the age of 20 I still have all 4 grandparents still alive. I have a mother who is the closest thing to my best friend that I have had in years. I have a dad who use to be my worst enemy who I know use as the model for my future husband. I have cousins who no matter how old they get...I will always be a role model for them, and knowing that makes me want to do everything correctly, respectfully and mostly for God. I have an uncle and aunt who are such Godly influences that it's unbelievable and another aunt and uncle who are my #1 fans. God has blessed me so much through my family. They drive me nuts...push my buttons...make me mad...irritate me.....but none the less they know how to make me smile....they warm my heart...know me better than I know myself most of the time....and they love me unconditionally.


This morning I fixed my breakfast plate with my moms homemade chocolate chip pancakes with of course peanut butter and syrup on top and made my way into my grandparents camper to eat breakfast with grandma. It was so much fun to sit and talk to her. I think my grandmother is a saint. My grandpa had a stroke almost 6years ago and hasn't been right health wise since then. He is stubborn and my grandmother puts up with it. She shows genuine true love. Many times I know she wants to give up and make him do it on his own....but she doesn't because she took a vow to stand by his side til death do them part. She is such an inspiration for the woman I want to be someday. Between her and my mother.....I hope to be half as awesome as they are.


I left after lunch and came back to Olivet and I'm ready to leave here again. I look forward to a break from here and never look forward to coming back. I don't know what it is about this place..but most days I don't feel like I'm home. I love my friends here. I love my co-workers. I love the area. I just don't understand. I want to feel something more.





"there's not much I can do
to repay all you've done
so I give my hands to use

this is my desire
this is my return
this is my desire
to be used by you"

No comments: